elni Review 2009, Issue 1, pp. 43-50. https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2009.007
In recent years there have been great changes in Vietnamese environmental legislation. Especially the 2005 Environmental Protection Act and the Water Law have been significantly impacted by these recent developments. This article outlines and explains the basics of the Vietnamese water environment legislation. Since the main environmental protection and water acts are accompanied by several additional legislations such as decrees and decisions, this article focuses on the basic structure of the Vietnamese environmental legislation on water rather than the many policies of the Vietnamese government on water (Master Plans, Strategy Plans etc.), on which such legislation is founded.
- Decision of Prime Minister 81/2006/QĐ-TTg promulgating the National Water Resources Strategy Towards the Year 2020, 14 April 2006.
- Decree No. 80/2006/ND-CP detailing and guiding the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on environmental Protection.
- DECREE No. 179/1999/Nd-Cp Of December 30, 1999 Stipulating The Implementation Of The Law On Water Resources.
- The Law On Water Resource, (No.8/1998/QH10 of May 20, 1998).
- Decision of Prime Minister on the Establishment of the National Water Resources Council, 5 June 2000 (67/2000/QD-TTg).