elni Review 2015, pp. 30-31. https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2015.005
On 5 May 2015, Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström announced on her blog the publication of a
concept paper on “Investment in TTIP and beyond – the path for reform”. The concept paper, which was discussed one day later with Members of the European Parliament in the INTA Committee and the following day within EU Trade Ministers Council, has the objective of describing the Trade Commissioner’s “new approach” to international investment law. On 8 July 2015, the European Parliament adopted a resolution containing “recommendations to the European Commission on the negotiations for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)”. This article comments on these two documents.
- European Commission, 2015, Concept Paper Investment in TTIP and beyond – the path for reform.
- European Commission, 2015, Commissioner Malmström consulted the European Parliament on reforms of investment dispute resolution in TTIP and beyond.
- European Parliament resolution of 8 July 2015 containing the European Parliament’s recommendations to the European Commission on the negotiations for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) (2014/2228(INI)).
- European Commission, 2015, Remarks at the European Parliament on Investment in TTIP and Beyond.
- Carta, ‘Do investor-to-state dispute settlement mechanisms fit in the EU legal system?’ in elni Review, 2/2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2014.004.