elni Review 2022, pp. 30-34. https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2022.005
Against the background of a dynamic political situation this article shows the process of Ukraine‘s EU approximation, which is already well underway. The text analysis the procedural and substantial criteria of the accession process to the European Union and gives an overview on the acquis communautaire which the candidate country has to comply with. The existing Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union is an important basis that already covers a number of environmental legislative acts.
- Aleksyeyeva, Y., Vykhryst, S., Skrylnikov, D., Sushko, S. Prerequisites and certain aspects of implementation of an integrated approach to regulating industrial pollution in Ukraine, in: elni Review 2022, Vol. 22, pp. 35 – 39. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2022.006.
- Copeland, N., 2013. EU Accession procedure. Library Briefing. In: Library of the European Parliament Accessible here (28.09.2022).
- European Commission, 2021. EU accession process, step by step. Accessible here.
- European Council in Copenhagen, 12-22 June 1993. Conclusions of the Presidency. Accessible here.
- European Court of Auditors, 2021. Reducing grand corruption in Ukraine: several EU initiatives, but still insufficient results. Accessible here.
- European Parliament, 2022. Resolution 2022/2564(RSP). Accessible here.
- Grant, C., 2016. Is the EU to blame for the crisis in Ukraine? In: Centre for European Reform, 1 June. Accessible here.
- Herrnfeld, 2012. EUV Art. 49, in: Schwarze, (ed.), EU Kommentar, 3. ed. Nomos, Baden-Baden, Basel, Wien.
- Lord Lothian (Philipp Kerr), 1939. The ending of Armageddon. Accessible here.
- Roller, G. and Tevkun, T. State of the acquis communautaire in environmental matters in Ukraine: waste management, in: elni Review 2022, Vol. 22, pp. 46 – 51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2022.008.
- van der Loo, G. and van Elsuwege, P., 2022. The EU-Ukraine Association Agreement after Ukraine's EU membership application: Still fit for purpose. Discussion paper. 14 March. Accessible here (30.3.2022).
- Vykhryst, S. Implementation of Water Sector acquis in Ukraine, in: elni Review 2022, Vol. 22, pp. 40 – 44. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2022.007.
- Yelyzaveta Aleksyeyeva, Public participation in decisions on specific activities in Ukraine: state of the art and way forward, in: elni Review 2022, Vol. 22, pp. 51 – 57. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2022.009.