elni Review 2021, pp. 35-40. https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2021.005
This paper is a report on the online webinar “Revision of the Industrial Emissions Directive: in search of consistency with climate, energy and circular economy policies?” that took place on 15th of June 2021 as part of an elni webinar series. The main speakers were Aneta Willems (European Commission), Christian Schaible (EEB) and Prof Jerzy Jendrośka (Professor at the Opole University, Poland). The reported discussions focused, inter alia, on whether the revision of the IED would concern a radical change or merely fine-tuning. Main findings include that the IED does not create enough incentives for innovations and the penalties provided are still very low. A new revision proposal is expected in the beginning of 2022.
- ACCC/C/2014/122 European Union case.
- ACCC/C/2014/121 European Union case.
- COM (2020) 643 final: Communication from the European Commission on “Improving access to justice in environmental matters in the EU and its Member States”, Brussels.
- COM (2019) 640 final: Communication from the European Commission on the “European Green Deal”, Brussels.
- Directive 2010/75/EU on industrial emissions (integrated pollution prevention and control), OJ L 334, pp. 17 – 119, 17.12.2010.
- Directive 2008/1/EC concerning integrated pollution prevention and control, OJ L 24, pp. 8-29, 29.01.2008 (no longer in force).
- Directive 2003/87/EC establishing a scheme for greenhouse gas emission allowance trading within the Community and amending Council Directive 96/61/EC, OJ L 275, pp. 32 – 46, 25.10.2003.
- Schaible, Christian (2021), EEB Presentation during an elni Workshop on 15th of June 2021, Making the Industrial Emissions Directive Fit for the Green Deal. Accessible under: European environmental bureau (omgevingsrecht.be) (last access 27 October 2021).
- Schwarz, Carolin Isabel (2020). Product policies for a Circular Economy: elni 2020 event cycle “Green Deal – A way forward for EU environmental legislation?” elni Review 2020, 25-28. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46850/elni.2020.005.
- SWD (2020) 181 final: Commission Staff Working Document Evaluation of the Industrials Emissions Directive (IED) 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 on industrial emissions (integrated pollution prevention and control).
- UNECE Protocol on Strategic Environmental Assessment to the Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context, 2003, Kyiv.